The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

License Not Recognized After 3.7.2 Install Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have a MacBook Pro that came with OmniOutliner 3.5 installed. The license says Macintosh Software Bundle. After downloading the update 3.7.2 and installing, my license is no longer recognized. I looked in Library/Application Support, etc. and the original license is still there. Did I do something wrong, or is this not a free upgrade?

Thanks,

You did download the same pro/non-pro version of the app, right? If you had OmniOutliner bundled, you need to download OmniOutliner, not OmniOutliner Pro.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this is causing!

Another possibility would be that both 3.5 and 3.7.2 were running at the same time. I know we wrote code to detect and account for that case, but I'm not sure what version of our licensing framework OmniOutliner is using.

In any case, if you send email to the support ninjas, we'll get you sorted out as soon as possible.

Last edited by Brian; 2008-12-05 at 03:50 PM.. Reason: add additional info

No, not running at the same time. And I downloaded the normal version, not the Pro. I'll email support.

Thanks,

Quote:
Originally Posted by pujoe1 View Post
No, not running at the same time. And I downloaded the normal version, not the Pro. I'll email support.

Thanks,
Did you ever resolve this? fwiw I just d/l OO std 3.8b1(v143.39) and installed over my MB 3.5 (bundled) version & that appears to have picked up the Macbundle license ok?