The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Importing an MS outline for auto-diagramming? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Also, is there a way to import an MS Word Outline into Graffle?

Copy and paste would probably work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKT View Post
Copy and paste would probably work.
I think you'll find, if you try that, that the OS X clipboard doesn't get the parent-child relationships, and flattens the list.

What I do is to use a simple utility which I wrote a few years ago in Realbasic, and which you are welcome to try. It captures an outline from an open MS Word document, and allows you to save it as OPML.

I then load the OPML in OmniOutliner, and save it as an .oo3 document, which I import into OmniGraffle.

Last edited by RobTrew; 2009-06-29 at 01:12 AM..