The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

fun! Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I was just gonna say my task list needs more bling . . .

Okay... haven't seen this one discussed yet...
http://www.culturedcode.com/things/

the first app I"ve seen on mac update .. the layout looks distracting to me ..

the second one I"ve not heard of yet .. but when someone starts mentioning " easiest to use " I get nervous ..
I"ll put my money on the Omni Group .

@ext555 If you don't like ease of use, maybe you are on the wrong platform? I am glad that these people are at least trying. I have tested practically every GTD app for the mac. And all of them left much to be desired. I am glad to see that there is serious competition to OF. Especially when the app looks as well done as Things from culturedcode.

gtdguy, I didn't say I didn't like ease of use ; )
I said when they say " easiest to use " I get nervous or I should have said leery of the app.. I"ve also tested just about every gtd app for the mac , and the problem with most of them is , they try to " do " the process instead of just being what they should be " a tool " .

Things looks like a nice program ..but without having touched an alpha or a beta copy , I'm not sure I"m ready to call anything " well done " ..
I can point you to many apps [and I'm sure you've had the same experience ] that look like using it should change your life [from what you see on their web site and screen shots ] but using them is a totally different experience . This post is getting long already , but I guess what I'm trying to say is , Omni hasn't made any " easiest to use " or " change your life " claims about OF . They're just letting us tell them what works and what doesn't , for us .

I'm sticking with Omni, but boy do those tags look delicious.

What got me mad about your first post ext555 is that you were not even going to give Things a try (and also had a lame excuse). A great company like Omni deserves better than such fanboyism.

ext555, these cultured guys didn't claim to *have* the easiest to use gtd app, but that they are making an effort create one. I guess this is their way of telling us that ease of use has top priority to them. The other apps I've tested only made halfhearted attempts at ease of use. Even OF is not what I would use on a daily basis if there was an alternative. I subscribed to their newsletter (thanks for the link by the way), and will switch to their solution in a heartbeat if it is only half as good as it appears from their site.

Ok I never said I wasn't going to try it : ) I said " claims like that make me nervous " And I apologize to you and regger .. I went back and reread their site .. they weren't claiming anyhting . Like I said , I've just learned not to take apps at face value from their web sites .

as for the fanboyism comment .. I"m very happy with omini focus development .. I love omni focus ..
I'm not so thrilled with Omni Plan which i'm a registered user of .
But this isn't the forum for that .