The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SP15: Bringing window to foreground issue Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
If there is a OW webpage window in the background (behind either another OmniWeb window when an OW window is already in the foreground or from another application):

If you click on the content of the page (the majority of the window), there are many instances (maybe 50/50) where the background window will not come to the foreground. You have to click on the unified toolbar in order to bring the window forward.

I cannot replicate this exactly, but each window has several tabs open, and I am unsure if there are scripts on these pages that do a blur() or focus() on something. I also believe the problem occurs both when a page has first loaded (or reloaded) in the background, and when the page has already been loaded when the page was put into the background.

-Craig

I have seen this as well; although I, too, cannot recall the exact set of circumstances.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handycam
I have seen this as well; although I, too, cannot recall the exact set of circumstances.
Ditto here.

P

I've seen this as well, but also in Mail and another app or two. I'm not saying this isn't an OmniWeb issue but I'm not 100% certain that it is... rather than a system issue or some such.

i've seen this too. i can tell you a page where it happens often when i try to bring it to the foreground. i click its content and it comes in front of other windows, but isn't active (toolbar still dimmed, omniweb's menues not in menubar)
if i click it a second time, it comes to the foreground.
the site contains 2 frames, one with shockwave content and another with javascript content. (hope that helps)
i was not able to reproduce it right now, but i know it happens frequently.

sadly to enter the site, you have to register. but anyway i give you the link. maybe someone wants to try.
link: http://www.mohrenbrauerei.at/jassers...php?check=true

another problem on the site is a strange "hanging". the shockwave content often stops responding until i move the mouse cursor. then it continues to work normally.