The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Feature Requests
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

thumbnail drawer Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I've been using the SafariStand plugin for a while and got somewhat used to how it displays its thumbnail tabs. Not in a pop-out drawer but more in-window (similar to how Apple changed the mail drawer). I was wondering therefor if you have any plans with the tabs-drawer at all?

Same here - would be nice. OW6 maybe :)

Is this a purely aesthetical concern, or is there function beneath it? As far as I'm aware, my mail usage has not changed with it's implementation in Mail; it's nice that it's there all the time, but you also can not ever get rid of it now. :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by mischivo
Is this a purely aesthetical concern?(
mostly yes, but is that what OW is also about :D

No. OmniWeb is mainly about offering additional functionality over your average browser, and the drawer offers a lot of additional (and very useful) functionality over a pane. This argument is being discussed in a couple of threads already by-the-way. One in the OmniOutliner forum and one in the OmniWeb General forum.

Last edited by JKT; 2006-05-05 at 12:54 PM..

My post had a typo and should read: 'mostly yes, but isn't that what OW is also about?'

What is meant is that, yes, OW has an amazing feature set, but apart from that it's also the elegant GUI that appeals to me (and probably most users). right now I find the drawer option in most programs annoying these days. I must prefer how, for instance, Pages and Keynote look, and (as mentioned before) the SafariStand tabbar. I would love to see that in OW as well to be honest. Other than that, no complaints.