The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Projects in development Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Hi Everybody,
New to the alpha and to the forum, so please excuse me if this question has been asked before - I did do a forum search but could not find an exact answer.
I'm having some trouble working out how to handle pending projects which I am still thinking about. My normal process before I started to use OmniFocus was to create a project and then assign it actions which had no context yet. However, as soon as I make an OmniFocus project pending then I can no longer assign it to tasks from the inbox.
Would it be better for me to use an active project, but perhaps with a context that indicated the pending nature of the actions?

eg. My "Trip to New Zealand" project could have actions with a context of "Next Year".

My preference would be to have the "Trip to New Zealand" as a pending project full of actions where I have yet to decide the context.