The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Console message on launch Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Everytime I launch OmniWeb under Mac OS X 10.6 I get the following message on the console:

07.09.09 15:05:43 OmniWeb[528] The function `CGContextSetFontRenderingMode' is obsolete and will be removed in an upcoming update. Unfortunately, this application, or a library it uses, is using this obsolete function, and is thereby contributing to an overall degradation of system performance. Please use `CGContextSetFontRenderingStyle' instead.

I am just wondering, what that means. Is it an OmniWeb related issue, or maybe a caused by my system settings?

I am not having any problems with that, i am just curious.

OmniWeb doesn't use either CGContextSetFontRenderingMode directly, but it does embed a 10.4-compatible version of WebKit which does. When OmniWeb goes 64-bit and drops 10.4 support you'll stop seeing this warning.