The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

date display Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I can't find a way to change how dates are displayed in the dates columns. Is it possible?

(e.g. if I want Sunday May 25, 2008 instead of 5/15/08)

Last edited by henri; 2008-05-25 at 11:20 AM..

When you select the date type for the column in the Column Type inspector, click the Format: menu and either use one of the defined styles or create a custom one:

That's a useful tip for OmniOutliner, but not for OmniFocus....

I had always assumed that the date format used by OmniFocus was determined by your settings in System Preferences -> International -> Formats -> Dates.

Is this not true? I haven't tested it myself as I'm happy with the default for US dates (mm/dd/yy).

It should be using the formatter specified in System Preferences, yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
It should be using the formatter specified in System Preferences, yes.
The Sys Prefs give you a choice of short, medium, long, and full. Which one does OF use? Apparently "short". But if I change "short" in the Sys Prefs to something longer, then I won't have the short version available in other places, e.g. Finder windows. This is not good enough.

In OO, say, I can choose the format that works for me without messing things up elsewhere.