The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

1.14 nearly grants my every wish Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I use OmniFocus for iPhone to manage my nightly work tasks, which are at 232 and climbing.

I'm incredibly thankful for the enhancement to weekly tasks, which will obviate my weekly "skip all my tasks ahead to Monday night" session. I had submitted a suggestion along these lines long ago and while I'm not silly enough to think I'm the only one, it's immensely gratifying to see it executed practically exactly how I envisioned it. Thank you! :)

This leaves me with only one request: the ability to purge expired tasks in the iPhone app. As you can imagine, 232 tasks (and climbing!) duplicated nightly adds up. So in order to keep my app from slowing to a crawl, every month or so I have to sync my database with my webdav folder, DL it, manually edit the xml to delete all expired tasks, UL /that/ to my webdav folder, delete OF from my iPod Touch, reinstall it, then sync it back up with my webdav folder to get the pruned schedule. A Rube Goldberg solution, I know, but it's the only way I can achieve this since I'm not about to buy a Mac as a peripheral for my iPhone app. :D

Thanks!

We've got a feature request open on the ability to purge completed tasks from the iOS editions. I'll attach you to that request. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
We've got a feature request open on the ability to purge completed tasks from the iOS editions. I'll attach you to that request. Thanks!
That's awesome news. Thanks!

Quote:
I am stuck being iphone only for now as I work at a PC :-( . but I have a mac at home, however, I don't have OF yet. I will probably buy OF2, for backing up and more complicated projects that I can set up sporadically, but buying OF1 at $80 is just not worth that for me right now.

I am concerned that my set of completed tasks will make the initial opening of OF iPhone progressively slower.

If you buy OF1 now, you get OF2 for free when it ships. If you wanted to buy the stripped down version of OF2, you need to wait, however.

If you aren't excessively paranoid, the Omni support staff can help you prune your database of undesired completed actions. If you think they can't be trusted (might want to think about the wisdom of using their software, in that case), you could download your free trial of OmniFocus and use it for 14 days to do all the pruning, archiving, perspective creating, etc. that you want.

Added you to the feature request - thanks! Following on from Bill's suggestion - if the trial period on the mac app has expired, contact us and we can enable a re-trial. Situations like this is one of the reasons we have this ability.

(We just can't do it an unlimited number of times, for obvious reasons.)

Quote:
(We just can't do it an unlimited number of times, for obvious reasons.)
Of course you can. Understandably, you choose not to :-)