The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 
64-bit test builds of OmniWeb now available Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I've found another problem. When uploading files in an email in google mail, those attachments get lost when the mail is sent. No error message is displayed, but the mail goes out as if there never had been an attachment.
 
Build #1230 is rather unstable again, crashes every 5 minutes.
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbert View Post
Build #1230 is rather unstable again, crashes every 5 minutes.
Based on the crash reports, it looks like this is the same crash in the caching code of Apple's frameworks which I've been trying to track down for a while. I was hoping that the changes I made last night for the r201285 build would help, but I've already seen a few crash reports in the same place.
 
r201285 has been good for me so far; haven’t been able to crash it yet.
 
So far, so good here too with r201285.

EDIT-oops, spoke too soon, have been browsing with JavaScript disabled. Renabled it, quit OW, releaunched and bang, crasho. Funnily, then crash catcher itself crashed, and so the report didnít go through... haha.

Is Command+Control+D on a select word bringing up the ďlook upĒ Dictionary for anyone else, as it isnít here.

Last edited by Drayon; 2014-01-05 at 05:55 PM..
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case View Post
Based on the crash reports, it looks like this is the same crash in the caching code of Apple's frameworks which I've been trying to track down for a while. I was hoping that the changes I made last night for the r201285 build would help, but I've already seen a few crash reports in the same place.
If there was a way to generate the crash report email and display it, so that I can copy and paste and send it to you, I could send you mine, too.
 
OmniWeb-6-r201776-Test.dmg was the most stable version since OmniWeb-6-r201127-Test.dmg. Subsequent OmniWeb-6-r201813-Test.dmg crashed immediately at startup.
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbert View Post
If there was a way to generate the crash report email and display it, so that I can copy and paste and send it to you, I could send you mine, too.
The crash reporter just opens a Compose window in Mail, it doesn't require that you send it there. (You can copy and paste it into something else.)

Mail does require that you configure an account before it will open a Compose window, but it could be any account on any mail serveróand once it's set up you can tell Mail to go offline and not actually use it.
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbert View Post
OmniWeb-6-r201776-Test.dmg was the most stable version since OmniWeb-6-r201127-Test.dmg. Subsequent OmniWeb-6-r201813-Test.dmg crashed immediately at startup.
Hmm, I just upgraded to 201813 and it launched just fine for me (and reopened a few dozen tabs scattered across a number of windows, including this one). Since I haven't been changing anything related to OmniWeb in these builds (which is why the release notes haven't changed), I suspect you're just experiencing the randomness of the crash in Apple's frameworks. (I think it's a timing-dependent concurrency issue.)
 
Is it just me or did Google Maps stop working? Iíve gone back through a number of previous builds and canít find one test build that works.
 
 


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.