The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The shortcut for grouping actions Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Has anyone else noticed this:

I'm using the sneaky peek version. As of a few releases, the shortcut for grouping actions has been changed from Command-G to Option-Command-L. I find this shortcut VERY unintuitive. In addition, the new shortcut doesn't even work.

I reported the bug by using the send feedback function but I also wanted to post it on the forum.

Last edited by mpw; 2008-09-11 at 05:12 AM..

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpw View Post
Has anyone else noticed this:

I'm using the sneaky peek version. As of a few releases, the shortcut for grouping actions has been changed from Command-G to Option-Command-L. I find this shortcut VERY unintuitive. In addition, the new shortcut doesn't even work.
It has been Cmd-Opt-L for as long as I can remember. Just to double-check that memory, I dusted off a copy of 1.0.2 and verified that it was Cmd-Opt-L. That's also the keyboard equivalent for grouping in OmniOutliner.

The grouping command seems to work fine for me; are you positive you pressed the right keys after selecting two or more actions in planning mode? I'll admit that I haven't tried each and every sneaky peek that has come out, but I find it a bit unlikely that this got changed and backed out without any notification...

OK, thanks for the reply.

It seems I kind of goofed here. My memory was incorrect. It wasn't Cmd-G, it was Shift-G. I just checked and that still works.

Yes, Cmd-Opt-L really doesn't work for me, but I realized that my problems might stem from the German keyboard I use. I switched to US layout and it worked fine.

When I think about it, I'm pretty sure I know why Cmd-Opt-L doesn't work. It would interfere with the German keyboard combination Opt-L, which is the only way to get "@".

So I'll retreat back into my hole with my tail between my legs ... :-)