The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Export to visio results in massive file sizes Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm evaluating OG Pro as I have a heavy reliance on Visio but would love to move to a native diagramming solution and I like OG. I understand a few of the issues with shading and transparency and I can work around not using those in my diagrams to ensure compatibility. What I can't come to terms with is how my converted file (from .graffle or .vsd) exports it to a .vdx format that is at least 200-400% larger in file size. I've tried this with a variety of diagrams ranging from the simplistic to multi-layer / multi-canvas files, the results are always the same; the files become huge. Is this a common / known / expected outcome, or, is there something amiss here? Anyone had any experience with this? Thanks.

Same issue in 5.2.1! In primitive diagram VXD become ~60MB Any help?

Your best bet would be to contact the OmniGraffle support folks directly via email to omnigraffle@omnigroup.com, Help->Send Feedback inside OmniGraffle, or telephone (800-315-6664 or +1-206-523-4152). It will probably be helpful if you can provide them with a sample file that demonstrates the problem, too.