The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 
a few basic questions from a new user Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello,

I'm new to OF and am trying to decide whether to use it to manage everything. Could someone clue me in to the following:

1) is it possible to link to Word documents (or other files) from Projects or Actions? I have Word docs describing tasks in detail which I can't put into OF directly (because they use Endnote and other specialized content). But I'd love to be able to insert a link in one of my actions called "Details here" which when clicked would take me to the Word document (which could be updated at will). Is this possible?

2) can an action belong to more than 1 project?

3) is there a way to set up a view like the app called "Things", which can divide everything into categories like "today", "scheduled", and "some day"?

4) is there any way to use a script or whatever to copy specific content into Tasks on Entourage? I use Microsoft Entourage to sync to an Exchange server and a Windows Mobile PDA phone to see the Tasks. I won't be able to use OF on this device, but if content can be copied (via Sync Services perhaps?) to Tasks, then it'll appear on the device. Any ideas?

thank you!!

Mike
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlevin777 View Post
1) is it possible to link to Word documents (or other files) from Projects or Actions? I have Word docs describing tasks in detail which I can't put into OF directly (because they use Endnote and other specialized content). But I'd love to be able to insert a link in one of my actions called "Details here" which when clicked would take me to the Word document (which could be updated at will). Is this possible?
Yes, just drag the Word document onto an item in OF. A link will be added to the note of the item onto which you drop the Word doc.

Quote:
2) can an action belong to more than 1 project?
No.

Quote:
3) is there a way to set up a view like the app called "Things", which can divide everything into categories like "today", "scheduled", and "some day"?
That's a matter of opinion. There are several threads on the forum about emulating the "today" view of things. Thanks to elektroglide's "kindness" in posting a duplicate post to several threads, nearly every one of those threads is near the top of the forum. Some think the emulation is close enough to work, others don't.

Quote:
4) is there any way to use a script or whatever to copy specific content into Tasks on Entourage? I use Microsoft Entourage to sync to an Exchange server and a Windows Mobile PDA phone to see the Tasks. I won't be able to use OF on this device, but if content can be copied (via Sync Services perhaps?) to Tasks, then it'll appear on the device. Any ideas?
I'm afraid I can't help with Entourage. There are a few Entourage folks around. You might search the forums; see the search button above.
__________________
Cheers,

Curt
 
 


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Basic Questions from a new user jabrewer3 OmniGraffle General 3 2011-08-25 07:27 AM
a few basic questions from a new user mlevin777 OmniPlan General 7 2010-12-03 03:30 PM
Basic questions - potential new user StefMercury OmniFocus for iPad 11 2010-08-02 05:57 PM
Two basic questions Chris OmniFocus 1 for Mac 4 2007-09-13 05:46 PM
No user manual - need some basic help mlondon OmniFocus 1 for Mac 4 2007-07-10 08:00 AM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 03:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.