Originally Posted by nycgadgetgetgeek
I can not figure out how to get completed projects to go away. Once I've completed all of the tasks in a project I no longer want to see the project in the library. How do I mark the project as completed? Given that there are no longer any tasks associated with that project shouldn't automatically be completed? Please help me figure out what I am missing.
There are lots of ways to mark a project complete, including:
- Use the inspector, as atreinke described
- Click on the project header (in outline view) or project name (in sidebar), right or control-click to bring up the popup menu, set the status to Complete
- Select project as above, press space bar
- Select project as above, click on the Complete toolbar button
- Select project as above, do Edit→Status→Completed
If you like, you can have OmniFocus automatically complete projects and groups when all of the actions contained have been completed. This option can be made the default for newly created projects and groups, or enabled on individual projects and groups. To make it the default, go to the OmniFocus preferences, select the Data panel, and check the box in the Projects & Action Groups section labeled "When completing the last item:  Mark the project or group complete". Any projects created after setting that option will have the behavior enabled. Any existing projects will not. To change it for an existing project, select the project(s) in question, bring up the inspector, and set (or clear) the box labeled "Mark complete when completing last item".