The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Long startup time Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello,

Since the last update (to 1.8.1) I'm experiencing longer startup times when I start OF on my iPhone. With start, I mean start from not running as well from "running" in the background.

Everytime it starts it says "optimizing database" or displays nothing at all. This could take 5 seconds, which I find annoying. I have 491 actions and I'm syncing the iPhone almost every night.

Any explanations or workarounds for this?

I'm sorry for the trouble this is causing! I believe the engineering folks are investigating a performance issue having to do with the local notifications feature. As a test, if you turn those off, does performance improve?

I also noticed slower startup times with the latest update running IOS 4.2.1. I turned off local notifications and this improved the performance for both starting up and restoring from running in the background.

Seems to be working better, now that I switched the notifications off. Thanks!

yes it improved now.