The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Auto-Expand Headers? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I wasn't sure how to title this but essentially I want to know if there is a way to get OmniFocus to automatically expand all the headers in view. For example, I was just looking in my context view and clicked on "No Context." In the window, it showed the header "None" and it was collapsed. At first view, it looks like I dind't have anything in that that No Context view, but that is not the case. When I clicked the arrow to expand the header, suddenly I had a ton of tasks with no context in view. I would really love for every view that can be expanded to always be expanded. Otherwise it takes multiple clicks to expand all the headers. I do have all my saved perspectives to open expanded, but sometimes I look at things that are not in a save perspective.

Is there a way to set this?
Thank you!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Dock-3.jpg
Views:	475
Size:	11.4 KB
ID:	397  

I'd like this feature too.

for the moment, I suggest you select all context (by clicking on contexts in the sidebar with "all contexts" filter), then select menu View->Expand all.

This means all existing contexts are expanded, and will stay that way unless you explicitly collapse them.

Thank you. I used the "expand all" for the context lists but when I use it in the context window (for example, to expand that "None" list), it doesn't persist. It will expand, but once I leave that window, view something else, and them come back to that view, it is collapsed again.

This is a known bug. Search the forums for details.

Curt

Last edited by curt.clifton; 2007-11-30 at 09:19 AM.. Reason: Less snarky now.

Thanks Curt. I'll look more. I searched "expand headers" and only found one post. Glad to know it's known and hopefully being worked on.