The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Is it ok to delete old backups? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Are the OmniFocus database backups all independent of one another? By that I mean that I can delete all database backup files (for instance: OmniFocus 2010-04-12 100001.ofocus-backup ) older than the most recent one and I won't have lost any real data.

The alternative would be something like Time Machine which only backs up changes. In that case if I deleted all previous backups I'd only have the most recent changes still 'backed up'.

I apologize for the probably obvious question.

Thank you for OmniFocus. I left what I hope was a nice review at MacUpdate.

Yes, each OmniFocus backup is a full backup, and independent of all others.

Thank you.

And, is there a way to stop Omni-Focus making so many back-ups, or to automatically have it clear out older back-ups?

Thanks.

Hi Boodster, you may want to take a look at this thread.

A quick summary is it's not possible within OmniFocus, but there are a few ways to do it automatically.