The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Avoid mouse in quick entry window Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello,

I just discover OmniFocus and it seems very cool!

But...

When I use the quick entry window, I want to avoid taking the mouse to confirm my entry. I just want to write and boom it's in my inbox.

If I just press Return, I get to the next field (notes?) and it doesn't save my entry.

I found that I can write my task or project in the main field, then click "esc" (escape key), and then the return key works to save the thing :-)

But it's a bit complicated... Is it not possible to make something more straightforward? Like ctrl - return or I don't know???

Gabriel

Omnifocus menu > Preferences... > General tab

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabrielito View Post
When I use the quick entry window, I want to avoid taking the mouse to confirm my entry. I just want to write and boom it's in my inbox.

If I just press Return, I get to the next field (notes?) and it doesn't save my entry.
In Quick Entry, the default behavior of the Return key is to save your new entries and close the window. Are you perhaps pressing Enter rather than Return?

Or did you perhaps change that behavior in General Preferences? (Some people prefer for Return to create a new item so that it's easier to enter multiple things.) If so, you can always Save with Command-S.

(By the way, you can always use Control-Return to enter multiple items, even when Return is set to its default behavior of Save.)

Hope this helps!

Oups...

Thank you Ken.

I was pressing Enter instead of Return :-)

Everything's fine now, the control-return trick to enter multiple items is cool too!

Thanks a lot