The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Sp 7 Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Haven't.

Please could you test the question? I cannot explain that Safari displays 15 sites in 1-2 sec at 2 Mbps. Thanks :)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bookmarks Bar.png
Views:	512
Size:	28.2 KB
ID:	21  

Last edited by teorema67; 2006-05-02 at 12:35 PM..

It would only work with lightweight sites, or if they're cached.

2000Kb = 250KB. Say the average page is 100KB, that's 1500KB for 15 sites. Divide that by 250KB/s and that's six seconds, max, theoretically. To load 15 sites in 1-2 seconds on a 2000Kb connection, the sites would have to be 17-33KB each.

Now if we're talking loading from cache, I see a workspace load from cache in less than a second with OW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teorema67
Haven't.

Please could you test the question? I cannot explain that Safari displays 15 sites in 1-2 sec at 2 Mbps. Thanks :)
OK, it works, I didn't activate tabbed browsing.

12 sites: OmniWeb 5.5: 5 sec
Safari 2.0.1: 12 sec :confused:
:)

Quote:
Originally Posted by myckmack
sp 7 is fast but not with multi tabs when Open in New tabs a bookmark's folder : with a folder containing 15 bookmarks, it's almost immediate with Safari but take 15-20 s with OW.
I was not enough explicit : the time I give is the time for the first tab to be completely loaded. For all the 15 tabs to be completely loaded, Safari takes ~ 20 s and OW sp 7, ~ 15-20 s, what is much better for OW.

All my excuses for this lack of precision.