The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Due Soon and Start Date Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
If I have a perspective that shows actions that are "due soon" or "due soon or flagged" it includes tasks that have not "started" yet via the start date.

Is this the correct behavior? I would rather it hide those tasks since they are not "active" yet.

It is the intended behavior, and a rationale for doing it this way is that it prevents unpleasant surprises where an item has a start date just before the due date. One way of thinking about it is that it doesn't show Available actions filtered by those which are Due Soon, it shows Remaining actions filtered by those which are Due Soon. Similarly, the Available actions filter shows Remaining actions filtered by those which are Available, and Next Actions shows Remaining actions filtered by those which are Next Actions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jshaevitz View Post
If I have a perspective that shows actions that are "due soon" or "due soon or flagged" it includes tasks that have not "started" yet via the start date.

Is this the correct behavior? I would rather it hide those tasks since they are not "active" yet.
I'm with jshaevitz on this. For those of us that use daily recurring projects (e.g., for a morning review), showing tasks that haven't started yet just gets in the way of clarity of what I should be working on. The Due Soon and Due or Flagged filters are essentially worthless to me because of this clutter.

It would be great if this could at least be made a configuration option.

Folks that want the ability to configure those filters should send email to the support ninjas. Thanks!