The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Omnifocus for iPad, url schemes - Feature Request Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm not sure how many people use the url schemes in omnifocus for the iPhone, but they allow you to use links to jump to any context or perspective in the app. When you pair this with a program like Launch Center Pro or even by creating a webpage with these custom urls you can quickly launch the app with the exact info that you need at hand. After using these url schemes on my phone for a few weeks, I tried to recreate them on my iPad, only to find out that the iPad version of Omnifocus doesn't have the same level of support for these custom urls. You can link to a context but not a perspective. A few people have apparently requested this feature, but I thought I'd create a thread to make others aware of this request. Please let the ninja's know if this is something you would find useful. I've also requested that they create schemes for the forecast and review sections as well.

This site has a better explanation and a demo video: http://bettermess.com/omnilaunch/

Thanks
BJ

Last edited by tech-geek; 2012-12-06 at 05:06 AM..

I've been waiting for this "feature" ever since I bought OF for ipad.

Using URL (URI?) schemes makes it really easy to stay in the flow so you can focus on your TASKS instead of on your tool.

It works wonderfully on OF for Mac and on the iPhone if you put a link in the notes field. One tap / click and your perspective shows up instantly. Just on the ipad you have to go all the way back just to activate this single perspective.

Would definitely love this. I have a daily action to check a perspective and on iPhone I click and it loads, I scan it and then go back.

On the iPad I have to leave my forecast view, go to this other perspective, scan, and then go back to where I was. Much more friction.