The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Time estimate > actual time? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I like the estimated time to complete action feature. I would like to use it to track the actual time it took me to complete actions. Is there some particular way to do this? Or would the best way be to just change the estimated time to complete to the actual time it took to complete when I go to check off the action as completed?

Also, is there an easy way to pull up a list of all the actions that were marked as completed on a certain day or in a certain week? (i.e. to pull up a record of what I finished that day or week, especially with the actual times to complete included)

Some people use the estimated time field to record actual time when they check off the task. The KranK dashboard widget will do that for you, or you could do it manually or use an Applescript. A future release of OF will include metadata columns (like in OmniOutliner). With those you could add your own actual time column.

To view completed actions grouped by when they were completed, go to Context mode, turn on the view bar, and set it up like this:
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 1.jpg
Views:	821
Size:	3.4 KB
ID:	647

You can expand/collapse the groups to display just the time periods you are interested in. Then use Perspectives --> Save Window as New Perspective to save those settings for later use.

Curt