The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniGraffle and new Touch TrackPad Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
It would be cool if some of the new features of the touch trackpad were available in OmniGraffle -

Zooming - This could be used to zoom in/out of document or maybe it could be used to enlarge or shrink objects.

Rotation - It would be really nice to be able to select and object and rotate it with the touchpad.

Just a couple thoughts...

We want to do this, but last I heard, Apple hadn't published the interface to do so. :-/

Brian

What can we, as customers, do to help you open this up? It would seem to me that Apple would want developers to start using multi touch quickly.

Where should we voice ourselves?

Morgan

Done!

Thanks Brian. Hopefully comments from us will speed your access to this.

Morgan

At Macworld, I'd heard that they wouldn't open the API until the next OSX release. I've noticed Apple does this to ensure that the first set of tools devs get are fairly mature and won't require any further major reworking.

Hey everyone

I heard about "multiclutch" from a Macworld post - it seems that it might add some gestures to programs.

It is still in beta and is an input hack, so user be warned.

I am going to give it a try and see how it might work before I install OG 5 beta 1 (only one beta at a time)

Anyone else have experience with this app?

-- Morgan