The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

URL for an action? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Is it possible to have a URL descriptor for an action? For example, you can see this in mail messages, in caldav subsribed calendars, etc... I'd like to take that descripton and place it in the note of a todo in another application I just created to refer back to it.

J.

Doesn't copying a selected action (not in edit mode) put a URL to the action on the clipboard? I'm not in front of my Mac right now and can't remember.

-Dennis

Good idea, but when I look at the clip board in ScriptDebugger, it is a record and none of it is a URL. I was hoping....

J.

Just drag and drop the action...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnJ80 View Post
Good idea, but when I look at the clip board in ScriptDebugger, it is a record and none of it is a URL.
Sounds like you're trying to create a URL with AppleScript. If so, you can create a URL like this (where <id> is the id property of the task):

omnifocus:///task/<id>

Hope this helps.

-Dennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toadling View Post
Sounds like you're trying to create a URL with AppleScript. If so, you can create a URL like this (where <id> is the id property of the task):

omnifocus:///task/<id>

Hope this helps.

-Dennis
ah, thanks. That's what I was looking for.

J.