The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Feature Request for a Designer/Developer Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I am really liking OmniPlan, but I keep hitting a few Gotchas…

1) The ability to decouple Effort/Duration. I know this is mentioned on another thread.

2) The ability to add custom resource types (eg. Subcontractor, Client). Right now they have to be assigned as Staff, and that isn't particularly ideal.

3) The ability to view time/resources for multiple projects at once (like turning on multiple calendars in iCal). I am always working on and planning multiple projects at the same time and I need the ability to view resource availability and time availability.

Thanks.

2) Staff vs. Subcontractor, Client, etc.
Do you want different functionality for these other types of resources, such as cost calculations or custom data fields? Or is it just the word 'Staff' that's causing you trouble?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizard
2) Staff vs. Subcontractor, Client, etc.
Do you want different functionality for these other types of resources, such as cost calculations or custom data fields? Or is it just the word 'Staff' that's causing you trouble?
There are different cost calculations. For instance, if I hire out a subcontractor, there is sometimes a markup in cost to the client (let’s say 10%). The cost to me is still the same, but if I want to look at actual costs to the client, I need to figure out the hours hired out and multiply that by the markup. Clients cost nothing (hopefully), so that is easy to figure out ;)

Thinking about the custom fields, I guess I could use them to define their role or whether they are subcontractor or client.

We would very much like to be able to use a markup to determine a price to the client in addition to the costs that we will pay for a particular resource. Is there a way to do this? Thanks for your help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.n.lee View Post
We would very much like to be able to use a markup to determine a price to the client in addition to the costs that we will pay for a particular resource. Is there a way to do this? Thanks for your help.
There isn't a way to do this in OmniPlan right now but we are considering it for a later version. I'll add your request to our features/suggestions database. :-)