The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Locations not working Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Jecarrol: it looks like we have a bug: at least one context must have an actual location (as opposed to a business search) attached.

I know a fix is coming, but the workaround would be to assign a location to 'home' or 'office' or some other context.

Last edited by Brian; 2008-07-16 at 11:23 PM..

Hi, i set to the context "Home" -> "Current Location". Now the Message "no location assigned" disappear. But with which position takes the nearby list? Everytime the current position after opening the nearby list, or the position that i have assigned once in the contest "Home"?

Thanks!

Christoph

When you touch the "Nearby" button, OmniFocus asks the phone where you are now and uses that to determine what's nearby. So if you're at your front door, the home context will be at the top of nearby. If you're downtown, you'll probably get a lot of your business search contexts showing up, but "Home" will be further down the list.

I have assigned locations every way, address, current location but i am still not being told that there is anything nearby, most annoying :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtdToday View Post
I would prefer for the location services to work on the desktop app too.

My preference is this:

-Whatever I can do on the Mac I want to do there--it's just faster/easier...then sync.
Yeah, I agree. I would be great to be able to add/edit location information on context using the Mac.

Okay, we've just discovered a bug (and subsequently fixed internally) where subcontexts (nested contexts, that is) that had locations assigned weren't showing any results in the Nearby search unless any top-level context also had a location assigned.

Just as an FYI in case any of you out there were in this predicament.

I've set a couple locations to specific addresses and used business search for another. When I click the nearby button, all I get is text which says "Finding Location..."...weird, now it's working. Some of my locations had disappeared and I had to reenter them from the Nearby screen. Maybe it's a sync issue with the desktop and iPhone versions.

It would be nice to define what "nearby" means (something 4 miles away showed up...that's not really nearby for me). Also, I have an anywhere context: it would be nice to have the option to show that all the time.

This fixes something that was a problem for me, but has now created a new problem. In order for Personal : Desk to work, I set Personal to an address on the far side of the world.

Now, in the Nearby screen, I have:

Personal : Flat [Here]
Personal : Desk [10514 miles]

There's no location set for Personal : Desk, and no other contexts under Personal have any actions.

So not that nearby then :)

I was wandering if there is a way to make the nearby action closer, currently it seem to be set to 8 miles but I would like it to be set to 8 feet? can I change that?

thanks
e

I have found that I always have to enter the Google Maps app first to get correct location settings. If I just press the location button, I get tasks and distances calculated relative to the location where I last checked my GPS coordinates in Google Maps. 1.02 did not change this behavior. Is this a bug? Or a framework feature you canīt control?