The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Reimport/Resurrect Default Contexts? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi OFers,

Is there a way to bring back or re-import the default Context set?

I was originally using some older beta builds. Somewhere along the line I lost or deleted most of my contexts, so now I just got two custom contexts I created.

I would like to bring back all the Omni Contexts, especially since there appear to be more now in newer builds than there were some time ago.

Is there a way to do this without deleting my Projects.

My projects are definitely in need of proper contextualization. Yes, I realize this is probably a silly situation to be in, but it's where I'm at. Two turntables and a microphone.

Thanks,
Sam

"Help > Add Welcome Template" should do what you are looking for.

Thanks Tim!

I didn't even know that feature existed, but thanks for taking the time to point it out and help.

I ended up resolving this the other day by backing up the OmniFocus database to my Desktop, then moving ~/Library/Application Support/OmniFocus/ to the Trash.

I then opened OmniFocus and as expected it was in default state, then I opened the backup file. I was very glad to see OmniFocus allows you to have a backup and your current database open at the same time, that had been my hope. I then just dragged all the projects from the backup to the current OmniFocus window.

Happy to see there is a easier and less hazardous way of bring back the default contexts though. Thanks again.

Best regards,
Sam