The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Ad blocker blocks youtube preview Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Howdy,

I have noticed that when I have the ad blocker blocking *.swf files, I get no frame to click on in order to load the flash preview of youtube video. For example, at
http://www.walki-talki.com/store/press.php
I get no area to click in order to load the flash preview of the video. I right click the area and I get "video not loaded" from Flash. So, it seems as if the player itself loads, but content is blocked.

When I make an exception to stop ad blocking from specified urls, then everything works normally.

I get this behavior with youtube and other flash previews on many other sites.

This is with OW SP 94675.

Payam

If the blocked content doesn't have a size defined then it doesn't get a placeholder. This can happen for any content, not just flash.

I see. Is there a remedy besides unblocking ads?

Well, the blocked images status bar icon should be present, but beyond loading blocked images and turning ad blocking off for a site there isn't much that can be done.

If you have any thoughts on how you'd like to see this situation handled feel free to send it in to us though :)