The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

auto-delete old contexts? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
One feature I'd like to see in OF is the ability to auto-delete contexts that haven't been used for a while. Ideally a user-configurable setting. So, if, for example, I haven't used a context for a month, it magically disappears.

The reason I'd like this is I often use people as a context. So, if I assign something to Jim, my action list has Jim as the context. This way I can follow up. I do this because OF doesn't explicitly support the "waiting for" state in any other fashion.

Anyway, I can have stuff I assign here and there, sometimes as a one off. I don't really want to have to manually clean up contexts when I have a lot of stales ones. It would be great if they could get automatically removed. Pressing Command+Enter when I want add a new one is very easy, so I'm not bothered if they get removed and I need to re-add them.

Does anyone else think this would be useful?