The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing > iDisk/MobileMe/.Mac Syncing
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

403 Error When Trying to Sync w/ MobileMe Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I've been having troubles syncing with MobileMe as well.

When I watch my upload speed while the syncing is happening, the upload speeds are full bandwidth, until about a min into the sync. Then they drop down from 500kb to 100kb to 30kb. The syncing continues for about 30 min, at the end of the syncing I get an error:

Unable to perform WebDAV operation.

The idisk.me.com server returned "not found" (404) in response to a request to "MOVE /myusername/Documents/OF/OmniFocus.ofocus-copy-in-progress-oS6M_yyg61F".

(I replaced my real username with myusername in the above error)

If I try and sync again I get an error saying no root transactions found.

I checked the console and found this error right around the time my bandwidth dropped down.

10/4/08 3:24:48 PM OmniFocus[38556] Exception raised:
---------------------------
Mask: 0x00000100
Name: NSAccessibilityException
Reason: "AXSubrole" attribute unsupported by: <NSButtonCell: 0x178fad20>
Stack Trace:
NSExceptionHandlerExceptionRaiser (in ExceptionHandling) + 185
objc_exception_throw (in libobjc.A.dylib) + 40
-[NSException raise] (in CoreFoundation) + 17
NSAccessibilityAttributeValue (in AppKit) + 160
CopyAppKitUIElementAttributeValueNoCatch (in AppKit) + 81
CopyAttributeValue (in AppKit) + 492
_AXXMIGCopyAttributeValue (in HIServices) + 287
_XCopyAttributeValue (in HIServices) + 498
mshMIGPerform (in HIServices) + 517
CFRunLoopRunSpecific (in CoreFoundation) + 3896
CFRunLoopRunInMode (in CoreFoundation) + 88
RunCurrentEventLoopInMode (in HIToolbox) + 283
ReceiveNextEventCommon (in HIToolbox) + 374
BlockUntilNextEventMatchingListInMode (in HIToolbox) + 106
_DPSNextEvent (in AppKit) + 657
-[NSApplication nextEventMatchingMask:untilDate:inMode:dequeue:] (in AppKit) + 128
-[NSApplication _realDoModalLoop:peek:] (in AppKit) + 563
-[NSApplication runModalForWindow:] (in AppKit) + 286
-[CredentialsPrompt promptForCredentialsModally] (in OmniFocus) + 117
+[SyncManager _mainThreadPromptForCredentialsWithProtectionSpace :resultHolder:] (in OmniFocus) + 159
-[OFIObjectSelectorObjectObject invoke] (in OmniFoundation) + 77
-[OFQueueProcessor processQueueUntilEmpty:forTime:] (in OmniFoundation) + 386
-[OFQueueProcessor processQueueUntilEmpty:] (in OmniFoundation) + 57
-[OFQueueProcessor processQueueUntilEmpty] (in OmniFoundation) + 41
-[OFRunLoopQueueProcessor processQueueUntilEmpty] (in OmniFoundation) + 99
__NSFireMachPort (in Foundation) + 339
__CFMachPortPerform (in CoreFoundation) + 117
CFRunLoopRunSpecific (in CoreFoundation) + 3896
CFRunLoopRunInMode (in CoreFoundation) + 88
RunCurrentEventLoopInMode (in HIToolbox) + 283
ReceiveNextEventCommon (in HIToolbox) + 374
BlockUntilNextEventMatchingListInMode (in HIToolbox) + 106
_DPSNextEvent (in AppKit) + 657
-[NSApplication nextEventMatchingMask:untilDate:inMode:dequeue:] (in AppKit) + 128
-[NSApplication run] (in AppKit) + 795
-[OAApplication run] (in OmniAppKit) + 386
NSApplicationMain (in AppKit) + 574
_start (in OmniFocus) + 216
start (in OmniFocus) + 41
0x2

---------------------------

Here is what I have tried to remedy the situation:
-Through the mobile me website, deleted all OF documents and re-synced.
-Through the mobile me website, created a new folder in the documents folder called /OF/ and attempted syncing to that folder.
-Turned off all syncing and signed out of mobile me. Logged back into mobile me and turned on OF syncing.
-deleted iDisk password in login keychain.

Any other suggestions?

Thank you.

Finally worked for me. I'm assuming it worked after changing my MobileMe password.

Bingo! Deleting keychains for iDisk did it for me.

iPod Touch synced fine but Mac returned forbidden 403

Resetting keychain worked after trying all else here and whatever Apple suggested via MM chat, forums, and KB articles.

Deleting MobileMe passwords from the keychains as suggested elsewherewas not enough here.

OmniFocus uses the idisk.me.com (iDisk user name) internet password (note it is not listed as a MobileMe password). If Omni had mentioned that, it would have saved me a great deal of time.

(BTW: there is no OF Keychain; a key chain holds multiple keys, some of which are iDisk/MM related; didn't see any specific to OF).

Last edited by dancingbrook; 2010-01-18 at 03:48 PM..

Quote:
Originally Posted by villan View Post
As in, the same URL, only replacing the "name" with the name of my old MobileMe account that I'm trying to move away from using.

EDIT: Managed to fix the problem in my case.. Accessed the keychain, and deleted any idisk stored passwords listed there. Upon reopening OF, I was prompted for the details, and it then worked.
This was my workaround:

The presets borrowed from my iDisk settings on my Mac would not work despite changing the passwords as suggested in one of the posts above. I wasn't sure which keychain files to delete so I did not do that. When I quit Omnifocus and restarted it (after changing my iDisk / mobile me password) it prompted me for a new login using this address:
https://idisk.mac.com/cclemens/Documents/

Syncing was set up under the advanced tab automatically and seemed to work. But when I change tabs under sync preferences back to Mobile Me it refused to sync and with this preset address:
https://idisk.me.com/cclemens/Documents/

This is consistent with the fact that Omni was working with my previous mobile me account with the "mac.com" instead of the "me.com" and a different username
https://idisk.mac.com/parkclemens/Documents/

Also I tried deleting the files under my iDisk documents page for Omnifocus and they were re-created despite getting the forbidden message.

I then reset my iPhone and it synced perfectly under the same settings under advanced rather than Mobile Me.

Seems strange that I can't get the Mobile Me tab setup to work, but at least I can sync again the the Mobile Me addresses above entered manually under the advanced tabs on both my Mac and my iPhone.