The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

ofexport - export to text, taskpaper, html, opml Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Is it the desired behaviour that tasks in the inbox are ignored when filtering for tasks completed today? ofexport shows me all tasks that have been assigned to a project but not the ones that I completed straight from the inbox.

I just found out that switching to context mode will also show the tasks from the inbox.

Quote:
Originally Posted by markokaestner View Post
I just found out that switching to context mode will also show the tasks from the inbox.
That's interesting, I was about to say that it doesn't work yet, but it looks like its does - by accident!

I'd never been able to work out how to extract inbox items and had assumed that they were stored in a special place in the OF database that I hadn't unearthed. However I've recently added a fix for items with no context and I suspect that's had this unexpected bonus side effect.

Unfortunately I suspect that there might be some lurking ofexport bugs in this area since there won't be any project associated with the task and this might cause issues for some of the filters - since I assume there's always one present.

Thanks for the heads-up though, this gives me a lead for supporting inbox items properly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psidnell View Post
I'd never been able to work out how to extract inbox items and had assumed that they were stored in a special place in the OF database that I hadn't unearthed.
Sounds like you've probably found these now:

Code:
task.effectiveInInbox integer NOT NULL   (0|1)
task.inInbox integer NOT NULL  (0|1)

Actually no, so thanks :-) I've just accidentally picked up items with no context, which for many people happens to coincide with inbox items. I think I know where to go next now.

V3.0.2 now has support for inbox items. It creates an artificial project called "Inbox" and an artificial context called "No Context" and puts inbox items in those as required. This approach means that you can use ofexport filters on inbox items as you would normally.

As ever, let me know if it emits fumes or makes grinding noises in use.

Quote:
V3.0.2 now has support for inbox items. It creates an artificial project called "Inbox" and an artificial context called "No Context" and puts inbox items in those as required. This approach means that you can use ofexport filters on inbox items as you would normally.

As ever, let me know if it emits fumes or makes grinding noises in use.
Does this version have the global calendar stuff? Or is that still to be done?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsinger View Post
Does this version have the global calendar stuff? Or is that still to be done?
Yep. If you look in ofexport.json (the new global config file) you can put a default calendar directive in there.

Quote:
Yep. If you look in ofexport.json (the new global config file) you can put a default calendar directive in there.
Can you be more specific about how to do that. I'm a bit of an idiote :).

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsinger View Post
Can you be more specific about how to do that. I'm a bit of an idiote :).
:-)

Sure:

The ofexport.py file is in the root folder of the install, you can see the copy on github here.

The file_types section shows the config for each of the supported output types. If you scroll down to the ICS section you can see it's got a time_control_default setting:

Code:
        "ICS": {
            "_1": "time_control_default can contain the magic that you can put in a note to control when the item appears in the calendar", 
            "_2": "The time_control_default is only used if there is no '%of cal' directive in the node", 
            "plugin": "ics", 
            "suffixes": [
                "ics"
            ], 
            "template": "ics", 
            "time_control_default": "ignored unless it is of the right format"
        },
So you could put any directive (see the doc) in there as a default rather than cluttering all your notes.

eg:

Code:
%of cal allday noalarm