The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Applescript for finding an OmniFocus project quickly Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Rob,

Brilliant! I never bothered to look at your code. Really, really clever way to run SQL on the cache file rather than bogging OmniFocus down.

/d

I'm glad you like it, but I wish I could really take the credit - until a very helpful pointer from Brian, I hadn't even noticed that the the cache was an Sqlite database :-)

--

kudoz - just what I have been looking for :-)

Hi Rob,

nice pice of work there - just a few annoying things.

- dialog might be popped behind other windows is there any way to make the dialog grab focus
- launching from launchbar with a multiple result search seems to strand the resulting dialog to be without focus and hidden under multiple layers of windows

But it works brilliant from within OF :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptorngaard View Post
- dialog might be popped behind other windows is there any way to make the dialog grab focus
- launching from launchbar with a multiple result search seems to strand the resulting dialog to be without focus and hidden under multiple layers of windows
I think that the focus issues should be fixed in this variant ('FindObject') which retains the earlier functionality but adds the option of adding a space and a t, c, or f after the search string to search for tasks contexts or folders rather than projects.

(Projects remain the default).

[In addition to the larger FindObject, I have also updated the more lightweight FindProject, at the start of this thread, to Ver 0.8, to fix the focus glitch.]

--

Last edited by RobTrew; 2011-04-04 at 09:41 AM.. Reason: Added note re FindProject08

I tried to modify this script to also include folders while searching (by doing an additional search on the Folder table). I was able to find the entry in the database, but was unable to focus it in OmniFocus. This is probably something that someone who understands Applescript better than myself could tackle with ease. Any takers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by umop View Post
I tried to modify this script to also include folders while searching (by doing an additional search on the Folder table). I was able to find the entry in the database, but was unable to focus it in OmniFocus.
Not something I'll really have time to look at now, but you can find and focus on folders with Where in OF.

Last edited by RobTrew; 2012-07-17 at 06:46 AM..

Rob:

I'd like to be able to see and use your script, but unfortunately the link at the top of the post goes to what was your MobileMe account. All it does now is show a sign saying that 'MobileMe is closed'.

When/if you put your script(s) somewhere else, could you please let us know?

Thanks

--Chris

http://www.complexpoint.macmate.me