The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing > iDisk/MobileMe/.Mac Syncing
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Blank action field when syncing from iPhone Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I did a quick look around previous postings and couldn't find anything about this. Maybe I missed it... but here's my problem:

I sync my computer OmniFocus with my iPhone OmniFocus and 90 percent of the time there is no problem. But occasionally (like once every few days) one of my actions created or modified on my iPhone OF turns up on my computer OF with a blank action field. The Project and Context and Due fields are intact, which is nice... but the actual field that I'm most interested in (that is, the field that tells me what I need to do) is blank.

Any thoughts on this? All software is up to date. This has been happening for several months... and usually I can cross reference it with the info that is still on my iPhone OF to manually re-type the action... but it does become annoying.

Thanks!

Contact the support ninjas immediately when you have this happen. The transaction history in the database can be analyzed to figure out what is happening, but if you wait too long, a database compaction will clear away all of the evidence.

What happens to the action on the iPhone? Is it still intact, or does the action description disappear there as well? What if you just sync both devices again? (first iPhone, then desktop)

Thanks. I have sent an email to the ninjas.

On the iPhone, that action is sometimes still in tact... and sometimes it is blank.