The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Specify canvass size in pixels Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
You can simply input your desired pixel dimensions and let it think they are points. Then set the ruler to pixels, and convert 1 pt to 1 px.

This thread is a little stale, but I found it because I'm having the same problem. Only I must not be understanding part of the solution.

I'm using Omnigraffle to build a wireframe for a website. I'm using the Konigi stencils for this. I'd have used Illustrator for this but I thought I'd give Omingraffle a go since I like it so much for other diagramming.

I like to work in the unit of measure that my final product will be. In this case we're talking about a website so I could care less about its print size in points.

Anyway I tried using the converter mentioned above, and I'm assuming the point I want is computer PT not Print PT? Not sure. I also tried setting 1pt = 1px and other than it putting a page break in (which I thought was odd) it also didn't seem to work out right.

I tested both methods by exporting what I intended to be a 1024X768 webpage to PNG at 100dpi (which I assume is the right resolution to keep it from multiplying in size). It came out wrong in both cases. Anyone care to walk me through this?