The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

inserting <%Document%> without .graffle Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I use a standard background for many of my diagrams, which includes a formatted heading containing the Canvas name and Document name from the available variables.

However, and I've lived with this for a while but today someone got all touchy about it, the <%Document%> variable includes .graffle because, of course, that's the file name. The thing is, my actual intent is to use <%Document%> as a subject description, which just happens to be the same as the file name. I moved all this over from Visio, and I'm ok with file names containing version numbers and such, it's just the extension that looks messy.

Is there any way to get <%Document%>to display just the name, without the extension? Or maybe a <%Document%> and a <%File%> variable or something new for <%Document%> that won't break other people's legacy setup?

Last edited by michael.c; 2009-08-28 at 02:52 PM..