The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

iPad: it is a MULTI-TOUCH device, no? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
What multi-touch gestures exist in OmniFocus for the iPad?

Unless I am missing them, seems to me much of the design philosophy is for a single touch device to click buttons and checkboxes, with a couple of simple swipe gestures being incorporated (for scrolling, and swipe right on an action popping up the delete button).

For example:
- why do I have to click exactly on the > in the sidebar to open projects and contexts? A swipe, multi-touch gesture, or even a double tap on the word projects, should do the trick no?
- on the right pane, when I click on a project or subproject name, why does it IMMEDIATELY open the dialog? Is editing a project the most frequent action? I would think that adding an action is much more frequent. Multi-touch gestures would be appropriate here.
- multi-touch gestures, even experimental (edit: was "undocumented"), may be a good way to get rid of the plethora of subchoices (e.g., the + sign), dialog boxes, and hunting and pecking to push the exact button or check the exact checkbox required.

Last edited by BK0001; 2010-08-03 at 10:11 AM..

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK0001 View Post
- multi-touch gestures, even undocumented, may be a good way to get rid of the plethora of subchoices (e.g., the + sign), dialog boxes, and hunting and pecking to push the exact button or check the exact checkbox required.
Agreed, this is certainly something that could be implemented to make a good thing even better!