The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Clear Perspective? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Is there a way to clear the currently selected perspective? I.e., take the View back to its "natural" state?

Or do I need to somehow get to that state, save it as a Perspective, and then switch to it whenever I want that really wide view?

I feel like I'm on the cusp of discovering something very valuable about View and Perspectives so that I can easily control the program at large, but I want the ability to get back to a "neutral" state (no perspectives active) for the time being, if only for testing purposes.

--Sandy Santra

It appears that closing the last window and opening a new one will result in the new window matching the last open window.

I'd suggest creating a "neutral" perspective, and then choosing it when you need to return to neutral.

Quote:
Originally Posted by santra View Post
Is there a way to clear the currently selected perspective? I.e., take the View back to its "natural" state?
I don't think there is a natural state, unless you've just installed OmniFocus. In my experience, it's always where I left it, even after closing all windows or restarting.

Jasong's suggestion is good, though it will only apply to one view. If you want to see what the default setup is, and you have another user account on your Mac, log into that account and run OmniFocus. Note down the view bar settings and then, in your own account, create perspectives that match them (one for context mode and one for planning mode). You can also do this in your account by moving the ~/Library/Application Support/OmniFocus/OmniFocus.ofocus file to the desktop, restarting, and then replacing the file after you've noted the defaults.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasong View Post
I'd suggest creating a "neutral" perspective, and then choosing it when you need to return to neutral.
That's what I've done, and I've added it as a toolbar button.

Well, there is now a "Clear Perspective" command on the Perspective menu, but it doesn't seem to change anything but clearing the title of the window. Is that the expected behavior? I had hoped it would clear all settings back to a neutral state but no joy.