The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Remove green check marks from bookmark bar favicons Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Right now, I have 30 bookmarks in my bookmark bar and all but four of these are distinguished only by the favicon (no favicon is available for any of the four for which I have left some text).
However, most of these favicons acquire a green checkmark, presumably to indicate that the web page is now fully renderable.
In reality, this is of no benefit to me and the checkmark serves only to partly obliterate the favicon which is my only means of telling which is which.
Is it possible to alter the configuration to eliminate these checkmarks?

No, the green checkmarks indicate that the content of the page has changed since your last visit. You can control this globally by going to the Bookmarks tab of the OmniWeb preferences and selecting the appropriate value for "Check bookmarked pages for changes" ("Never" sounds like what you want). You can also do it on a bookmark-by-bookmark basis by bringing up the bookmarks page, selecting a bookmark, and using the Info panel to make the change. Besides the green checkmarks to indicate changed content, there's also a command to show you the next page with changed content: Bookmarks->Open Next Changed Bookmark (cmd-option-C)

Excellent.
Thank you very much.
For me, taking out those green checkmarks makes OmniWeb much more "usable".