The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Can't Assign Keyboard Shortcut Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I am trying to assign the Control-Option . for my Clipping shortcut, but even though I've reassigned that keyboard shortcut in the System Preferences it still says it's being used. I've logged out and logged back in, verified that the <CO.> is not used, but OmniFocus still says it is.

What gives?

Are you on a PowerPC or Intel machine, and which version of the OS do you have installed?

We have a known bug in the database where keyboard shortcuts involving the control key don't work on PPC machines that are running 10.5. Only that hardware/software combo appears to be affected - shortcuts that worked fine on 10.4 don't work on the same machine when upgraded to 10.5, and Intel machines on either OS work just fine.

In any case, if that description matches your configuration, I'd ask you to copy and paste your report into an email (use the Send Feedback item under the help menu) so the ninjas can attach your info to that bug in our database.

If you're on a different combination of hardware and OS, there's likely something else going on. If you contact the ninjas, we'll work with you to figure out what it is.