The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

A bit sluggish? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Is it just me or does OW sufffer from unresponsiveness? Typing this lets me finish a word before it appears on-screen; the scrollbar waits before responding. I don't want to go back to Safari, but it's starting to annoy me a little!

Which version are you using? I thought OW was really fast (latest stable release), which is why I bought it in the first place; however, I also have been getting frustrated with unresponsiveness, slowing down over time, and memory and CPU usage (latest public beta).

I have the latest version (according to the "check for updates) bit
Funny. Whilst typing this it seems fine!
I don't understand!!!

iMac G4 (1.25Ghz ... if it's fast enough for 3d it should be OK for webbing!)

If you're having performance issues feel free to contact us via the "Send Feedback" option in the Help menu and we can try and get to the bottom of what's going on. There are some known performance issues in OmniWeb that should hopefully be corrected when we next update WebKit, the rendering engine OmniWeb uses.

5.5b3 is lightning fast here. Much more so than Safari or Fx.

Not to mention that having a decent amount of RAM helps a L O T :rolleyes: