The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniFocus 2! The Debut. Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by bocomoj View Post

What OF does is help with task prioritization and assuring you CYA by not forgetting important work. Are there value in these? Sure. $180 worth of value? Not so sure.
The average cost of an iOS app is far below $1.
Well, then you should have no problem doing without it, I suspect.

Look, if it's too expensive for you, don't buy it. It's up for the Omni Group to decide on the price, and for you to buy it if it's worth it to you.

If enough people decide not to buy it that Omni notes sales are below what they want, then perhaps they'll adjust their price. But with thousands (tens of thousands? I forget exactly but the blog had the numbers) of people registered for the OmniFocus 2 beta, I sorta suspect there are enough people willing to pay the prices that they're not going to drop the price to $1 (LOL).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
I also use "Desk" and "phone" contexts; additionally, I have contexts for the various folks here at Omni. Discussions I need to have and tasks I've delegated and need to check back on are the main things that end up in those people-contexts.

I know Ken has contexts for his "coder" headspace vs his "ceo" headspace, so he doesn't distract himself with tasks from one while working on tasks in the other. I get the impression you're self-employed; maybe separating out the "work on this design task" actions from the "run my business" ones would be helpful in cutting down on the apparent size of the Work list?
Do you have plan to integrate "share" function of a action with others via email in your OF 2.0?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsonng View Post
Here is the prior post in this thread:

http://forums.omnigroup.com/showpost...7&postcount=57
any news yet on private beta?

There are still a few days left in 1Q13, what's the rush? :-)

Remember, when a software guy gives you a time estimate, you need to double the number and switch to the next larger unit :-)

Please move further discussion of OmniFocus 2 over here: http://forums.omnigroup.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71