The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Captio for iPhone - Quick add tasks Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have recently downloaded this tiny quick app called Captio (59p).

It isn't very big, but is very clever! All it does it let you write a quick note and send it to a single address.

I have it setup to email to my +Omnifocus email address that is picked up by Mail.app and added to OmniFocus.

because it is a small, single purpose app, it starts up immediately and is the quickest way of adding something to OF I have found!

I totally agree. I bought Captio a while ago, and it's definitely the best way to add tasks from the iPhone. I find that opening OF takes much longer than Captio, and then you have to wait for it to sync once you've added a quick entry. With Captio, the note is sent off almost instantly. Try it out!

Another similar App that had a following a while ago was MailMe. I must confess that since the inclusion of switching in 4.1, apart from when I want to send attachments or links into OF, I don't tend to use email as a method of fast entry. However, if I was still using my 3G, it would be a different matter!