The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Templates Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,

I'm fairly new to Omnifocus and trying to use it more powerfully to support a new job that I now have. I have a question that I hope someone will be able to answer:

Having set up a project for Recruitment with all the actions that I need to go through to recruit a new member of staff I would like to save this as a 'template'.

That way, when I next need to recruit a member of staff, I can just call on the 'recruitment' project and the full list of actions, will pop up with contexts ready for me to just add dates.

I hope that makes sense.

Thanks

Andy

Just create the project and set its status to "on hold." Then when you want to create a new one, duplicate the project and set the duplicate's status to "active."

For a somewhat more powerful approach, see Curt Clifton's Populate Template Placeholders script at http://www.rose-hulman.edu/~clifton/...e.html#PopTemp -- templates that can take arguments at creation time. For example, you could have your new staff member's name be inserted automatically in all of the relevant actions.

Thanks for the suggestions. Using the On Hold method I still end up with a copy of the recruitment process in my Library / projects. Can I hide the 'on hold' tasks?

Thanks

Andrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by RossA View Post
Thanks for the suggestions. Using the On Hold method I still end up with a copy of the recruitment process in my Library / projects. Can I hide the 'on hold' tasks?

Thanks

Andrew
Yes. Via a perspective. Show projects that are active.

I'm looking to set up Omnifocus so that every new task has this:To do

Have done

Said 'yes'

Said 'no'

Any suggestion on how do this

Thanks

Tim