The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

All new tasks assigned to same project? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi folks,

I'm new to omnifocus and am loving it. I wonder, however, if I have a bug or am making an obvious mistake. All of my new tasks are being assigned to the first project I ever made. The project field will be blank when I tap "done", but then somehow finds its way to the same project. When I try to change projects, nothing happens. The project field turns to blank, but then the task is still in the same project folder and when I tap on the task again, it's listed as back under the original project. Am I doing something wrong? Is this a bug? I have an iPad 1 with Lion (latest update).

Thanks!

Welcome to the forums and sorry for the trouble this is causing! I haven't heard of something like this happening before. I'm guessing it's probably something that'll be simple to sort out, but there's a lot of room for misunderstanding in the conversion between what you're seeing, the words that get written, and what I think those words mean. :-)

Could you do us a favor and send some screenshots that illustrate the problem to our support ninjas? That'll be the quickest way for us to figure out what's happening and offer assistance.

To take a screenshot on your iPad, just hold down the Home button, then briefly press the Power button on the top of the device. (With the screen you want to take a picture of visible, of course.)

Your screen will flash white - this means that the screenshot was added to your photo roll. You can now use the Photo application to email the photo to yourself, then attach those pictures to an email to the ninjas...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
You can now use the Photo application to email the photo to yourself, then attach those pictures to an email to the ninjas...
Or just go to the Photo app, tap and hold on a picture, press Copy, then switch back to the email app and paste it...

Woah. I did not know you could do that, though it seems obvious in retrospect. Nice one - thanks!