The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Copy OmniFocus selection in FoldingText format Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
I find that I am spending an increasing proportion of my time using the FoldingText plain text outliner, and often use it to gather thoughts to outline and edit projects before committing them to OmniFocus.

I sometimes also find that I want to pull material out of OmniFocus into FoldingText.

Here is a first draft of a script OmniFocusCopyAs.scpt which copies the OF selection in FoldingText Markdown format, encoding the OF context, start/due/done dates, duration, and flagged status as FoldingText @key(value) tags.

(It includes the full path of the selected material, up through any nesting folders, and adds a FoldingText .todo mode tag to project level nodes).

Confirmation of the copy is given by Growl, if installed. There is an essentially identical companion script: OmniFocusSaveAsFoldingText.scpt

--

Last edited by RobTrew; 2012-12-08 at 04:33 AM..