The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iCal Newbie Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I apologize if this has been addressed... I tried to do a search, but did not have any luck. Maybe my question is so simple that it never has needed addressed.

Syncing iCal.
I see that it adds the items to a "to do" drawer on the right.

Is there any way to make these items appear directly on the iCal Calendar that I have set to sync? I hope you do not have to drag each one over?

Thanks for your help!

I'm afraid that you will need to drag each one over. You are syncing tasks from OmniFocus to the to-list in iCal. OmniFocus cannot convert a task to an event to appear in the calendar, and iCal cannot display tasks in the calendar. One option that you may want to explore is the beta of BusyCal, which allows to-do entries to display directly on the date of the calendar. The tasks in BusyCal are still to-do items, and will sync to/from OmniFocus, but at least they will appear on the calendar view.

Well, it seems with the iCal notification, you can actually have the due items appear as events in iCal.
http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthre...highlight=ical

But you need an iPhone to set up the DueSoon.ics and after that, you can update anywhere and have it show up on your iCal desktop and iPhone...

I guess they should find a way to do enable this without needing the iPhone. That would be cool.

Setting up calendar notifications is coming to the desktop-it's been promised 1.7, but it's not yet appeared in the early SP releases. It will still be notification-only, from a non-editable published calendar. You still cannot create new, edit, enter start times, or sync back to OF any events in this calendar.