The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Review completed tasks Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Each week I review my projects. But I realized sometimes I may have checked off an action without deciding what the next action is...and projects get lost for a while as a result.

I want to create a perspective that shows me all the tasks I completed in the last week. Any suggestions as to how?

You could do this -- under Perspectives' *Show Actions With Status* select *Any Status* or *Completed* (the usual setting here is *Remaining*, which obviously will show you only uncompleted and upcoming/due tasks). *Any Status* will display everything, *Completed* will display only completed tasks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	OF-anystatus.jpg
Views:	605
Size:	55.0 KB
ID:	863  

Last edited by zts-it; 2009-02-10 at 09:34 AM.. Reason: added screenshot

Thank you. I wonder if there is a way to filter out the completed actions, such that only the ones completed in the last 7 days can be seen?

It seems like you might want to try, in the project view, setting the far left filter for "stalled". Maybe also grouping them by "changed".

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteypolo View Post
Thank you. I wonder if there is a way to filter out the completed actions, such that only the ones completed in the last 7 days can be seen?
I've solved this by archiving everything older than 7 days (or whatever the timeframe is). It works fine for that, but then of course the data is in an archive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
It seems like you might want to try, in the project view, setting the far left filter for "stalled". Maybe also grouping them by "changed".
Hm... I will investigate "group by changed". As a matter of routine I don't want to have to archive to do the weekly review. Thanks all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteypolo View Post
There is probably several ways to do this. What I like to do for that type of filtering is actually use the built in search. Lets say, I want to find any tasks from the work week of 01/19/09 - 01/23/09. Each of my entries/tasks for that week contains a note entry *Work Week: 01/19/09 - 01/23/09*. Later when I need to find them I just need to start entering the date into the Search field. As soon as you enter (as in this case) 01/19 you'll have all entries for that week if you filter by *Any Status* ... then you can change the perspective filter from *Any Status* to *Completed* (hopefully they'll be the same, but it's good to use *Any Status* just in case you missed something). Other variation would be to search by one specific date by entering the date stamp (*Edit -> Insert Time Stamp -> Short Date*) into the task field or into the note of each task (but maybe the week concept would work better). Sort of a mild tagging system.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	OF-search.jpg
Views:	590
Size:	86.2 KB
ID:	864  

Last edited by zts-it; 2009-02-10 at 08:05 PM..

This perspective does the trick:
View Mode: Context
Grouping: Completed
Action Filter: Completed
Thanks again! -p

Last edited by peteypolo; 2009-02-14 at 09:49 PM..