The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Feature Request - Importing .xib file from Leopard Interface Builder Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I am developing in Apple's newest Xcode 3.1 developer tools. The Interface Builder NIB file format has been replaced by an XML-based format caused XIB (pronounced "NIB" - no, really). OmniGraffle Pro 4/5 has an import feature for Xcode .pbproj files and Interface Builder .nib files. It does not permit selecting .xib files.

Is there a plan/ETA for importing .xib files? I would love to see it.

Thanks.

XIB support is currently in the 5.0.1 beta releases, so you may want to check that out.

Cheers,

Thank you, Joel.

I tried importing .xib files into OGP 5.0.1 Beta 3. It does import the symbols familiar from the Interface Builder's MainWindow window (See attached file), and there are separate layers for Objects, Outlets, Actions, and Next Key View.

I had expected the connections to be imported automatically, but they are not there. I have not tried this feature with an older set of developer software, but isn't that how it worked before?

Assuming that is true, this looks like a partial implementation, right? Will the rest follow? For now, what is the accepted practice for drawing the diagrams manually? Are there examples available to study and extend?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	OmniGraffle 5.0.jpg
Views:	661
Size:	17.9 KB
ID:	547