The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Guess the Day !!! Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Fun aside, I find myself pressing refresh on the app store every 10 minutes ...

Surely a reputable, well-known software developer like Omni gets priority treatment at Apple? I guess Sunday July 25! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifonline View Post
What do you mean "not Eastern or European time?" Which iTunes store?
You are right ... not quite good thinking on my side :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BwanaZulia View Post
Complex functionality = More time.

Friday, July 30th.

BZ
Absolutely untrue. Apple does, in fact, give preference to better-known developers and better-known apps.

I get dramatically different turn-around times with my more complex apps that sell well than I do with my simple app that is only a single button, but isn't a big seller.

I would be willing to bet that OmniGroup gets special treatment by Apple -- and they should since it is well known how seriously they approach QA prior to submission.

7/27/10
That's my bet!

Last edited by richardripley; 2010-07-22 at 09:15 PM.. Reason: Edit

Wednesday the 28th.

3:00 pm cst.

I just hope not on 27th. It's my wedding anniversary, and it would be very difficult find a valid justification to stay all the evening with my iPad :)

Bye,
Francesco

Quote:
Originally Posted by costmo View Post
Absolutely untrue. Apple does, in fact, give preference to better-known developers and better-known apps.

I get dramatically different turn-around times with my more complex apps that sell well than I do with my simple app that is only a single button, but isn't a big seller.

I would be willing to bet that OmniGroup gets special treatment by Apple -- and they should since it is well known how seriously they approach QA prior to submission.
They might give preference, but this app is going to be tested backwards and forwards and they outsource the test (IIRC) so we shall see.

Anything earlier than next Friday, I will be happy...

BZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by costmo View Post
I would be willing to bet that OmniGroup gets special treatment by Apple
Not special enough. The app isn't on the store yet.

I wouldn't be surprised if only a minority of people in the review process are even aware of who OmniGroup is.

This does make me wonder, how do they triage apps, and how different is the review process for different apps? I mean, anybody doing a review who used to be a NeXT user will know right away that OmniGroup is somebody quite trusted. But I can't imagine that the review process starts by having some smart, knowledgeable guy at Apple who decides on priorities. Do they look at sales? Do they look at previous rejections? I don't know.

All I know is I want it now. I'm going to go off and start doing some to-do tasks rather than pretending that OF on my iPad will actually do my tasks for me. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopi View Post
All I know is I want it now. I'm going to go off and start doing some to-do tasks rather than pretending that OF on my iPad will actually do my tasks for me. :)
Too true!

I am still waiting for Omni to release the app for that!