The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Repeating action question/feature request Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have a newbie question. I apologize if this has already been answered - I was not able to find it.

Let's say I have an action set to repeat weekly on completion (due 15th). I missed the due date but did it the following day (16th). I'm reviewing the project 3 days after the due date (18th) and see the overdue action.

Original due date 15th
Actual completion date 16th
See incomplete action 18th
Desired next due date 23rd (one week from actual completion date)

How do I (on the 18th) mark the action as complete but have it set to repeat on the 23rd?

I know I can change it in the inspector but that's a little awkward because I need to calculate the new due date. I'm hoping there's a quicker way that I've just overlooked in the manual ;-)

Also - it would be very helpful if there was some sort of icon next to a project/action that made it obvious it was a repeating action without having to look at the inspector (also useful if that icon indicated whether a "due" or "completion" repeat type). If my request above must currently be done in the inspector perhaps adding that icon as the source of a contextual menu that allowed you to choose the actual completion date (and thus automatically set the new due date correctly) might be a helpful new feature. Actually - it just occurred to me that might be useful for all (not just repeats) completion date entry (ie pop up calendar etc).

(Also sending in feedback)

--
Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSteveW View Post
I have a newbie question. I apologize if this has already been answered - I was not able to find it.

Let's say I have an action set to repeat weekly on completion (due 15th). I missed the due date but did it the following day (16th). I'm reviewing the project 3 days after the due date (18th) and see the overdue action.

Original due date 15th
Actual completion date 16th
See incomplete action 18th
Desired next due date 23rd (one week from actual completion date)

How do I (on the 18th) mark the action as complete but have it set to repeat on the 23rd?
If you type the actual completion date in the Inspector, instead of marking it complete with the checkbox, it will set the new due date to the date you want.

Thanks!

I actually figured that out yesterday - not sure why it took so long 'cause it seems so obvious now. Another Homer moment I guess - doooh!

R/Steve